Culinary Arts and Nutrition
Studying in the Culinary Arts and Nutrition Program at UNH's Thompson School is all about opportunities!
Students studying in the Culinary Arts and Nutrition (CAN) Program are enrolled in a two year applied program utilizing facilities, venues and job opportunities offered at a mid-sized University. Numerous opportunities for practical experience await you at UNH.
- The Thompson School CAN Program offers a variety of catered events that fine tune student skills: Seasonal/holiday events and conferences, student-run restaurants including Stacey's Express and 180 Blue that cater to the public and more...
- UNH Dining Halls: Students have the unique opportunity to learn through doing with hands-on experience in our state-of-the art dining center with a variety of food preparation stations.
- Independent Studies: Students can focus on a particular area of interest by creating a self designed independent study. Many students utilize Holloway Commons as teaching assistants or do independent studies at local restaurants in and around the seacoast area.
- Job Opportunities: UNH students have many opportunities for jobs while on campus including the Whittemore Center Arena Concessions and other food venues serving both students and the public.
- The Thompson School also has its own in-house commercial kitchen where students learn many of the skills necessary for a career in the food service industry.