Applied Business Management
The Thompson School's Restaurant Management concentration prepares students for a leading role in occupations ranging from catering to restaurant management. Students gain hands-on experience as they work in a modern commercial kitchen and participate in front of the house management experiences at 180 Blue, the restaurant managed by the Culinary Arts and Nutrition Program.
In the Restaurant Management concentration you'll learn:
- Food and beverage cost controls and facilities planning
- Food preparation fundamentals
- Hospitality, sanitation and safety
- Nutrition and local foods
- Management, accounting, computer applications, marketing, sales, human resource management, business policy and law
Students will receive experience by participating in the staging of buffets and other catering events for the Thompson School. A summer work experience allows students to take advantage of the many learning and earning opportunities at local restaurants.